Driving a car can be a tough job! You need skill and concentration. You may have been driving a vehicle for years now and still wondering how to excel in it. Though it’s always a fact that practise that makes you perfect, some tips can always come handy when you aspire to improve.
Like any other field, sharpening your claws better in driving can also be a great learning experience with a fair curve of ups and downs! After all the better driver you are, the safer you are on roads and smoother on your car. Though you may be having all the knowledge about car driving from your driving lessons in Coventry, some additional tips will always give scope to perfection in this field.
Try these to become a better driver!
After learning your basic driving skills from the best driving school in Birmingham like Just Pass school of motoring who offer best and quality driving lessons through their expert driving teachers, you just need to brush up your skills on wheels well with these few tips. These may eventually help you create a master hand on your vehicle and turn in to a better driver.
- Better Concentration: Theoretical knowledge about car driving and even practise lessons do not ensure perfection in the minute aspects of driving on road. When you hit a road or highway, it is always a different ballgame. Never ever assume that a certificate is enough to establish your driving skills. Even if a driver has been behind the wheels for years, if his concentration fluctuates, it leads to dangerous outcomes. So, whether you are just out of driving school or have been driving for years, keep a check on your concentration. It is therefore prohibited to talk on cell phones or text while driving as this may cause grave danger.
- Merge with Traffic: Be practical! You have to face those rush of cars one day. The phobia that most of the new drivers (and often even the old ones) face about driving in a road with heavy traffic congestion should be overcome. Get your skills tested at this time. Have a proper control on your speed, better clasp on your gears and a heavy hand on the breaks, and control over the urge to press the accelerator pedal. A little bit of patience and level headedness would ensure safe driving.
- Brakes: Be the wisest when working on brakes! They can be life savers and also may end up being killers sometimes. Never imitate the Hollywood stunts of pulling the breaks at the eleventh hour unless it’s an emergency. Always be focused – the timing here is of key essence. If you think the stopping point is going to be there soon, reduce speed and then make use of the brake pedal. A wise hand on brakes can be the biggest trait of a good driver.
- Speed Limit: A good driver knows when and how to reduce and increase the speed of the vehicle. Be sure never to be one those drivers pulling everyone in danger because of your driving. Keep a regulated speed. You should be especially careful while taking those turns – the skill of a driver is proven at certain points while driving, taking turns being one of them.
- Back Driving: Becoming a better driver isn’t possible without a great hand on back driving. For this, having a good judgement on space and speed is a must. Keep it slower than usual if you are new or not yet comfortable with it. Get your mirrors working well in that direction and give it a try with a close grip on brakes.
- Parking Skills: Your parking skills can add those extra perks to your driving skills. You may be an excellent racer on the road, but if you can’t adjust your car and park it well in its place, how can you be called a good driver?!
All these skills, along with the patience of the driver added to the list, will help you evolve as a better driver with just perfect driving skills!