Camping is considered as a recreational activity which is actively pursued by a lot of people in the present-day world. Camping is done away from cities in the lap of nature where fresh air and wildlife is available for the company. The perfect camping trip will involve building your tents and staying at the mercy of Mother Nature and experiencing the environment to the fullest. The whole experience is fantastic and has to be encountered by everyone. Camping is usually tagged along with adventure sports like kayaking, trekking or hiking, rafting, and more. Camping is a fantastic pastime which can be pursued alone. It is suitable for all types of ages.
If you are planning to go camping, you can set up a tent or live in a campervan during the trip. Hiring a campervan in New Zealand is very easy because of the number of agencies which provide this service. If you want to make the whole experience amazing and memorable, you will need some tips and tricks, and we have them here for you:
- Make your pillow with a pillowcase and some clothes: This is a piece of fantastic advice for people who are facing space constraints. Space is always a problem for a lot of people when it comes to camping. You can carry a pillowcase and stuff it up with clothes instead of taking a pillow all the way. The pillowcases can also be used as a fantastic replacement for extra bags when not in use.
- Do-it-yourself lantern: When you need an extra nighttime lamp, you do not need to carry a giant torch for just one purpose. You can take a bottle and your headlamp and turn it into a lantern. Wrap the head strap around the bottle and make the light face inwards and turn it on.
- Use tic-tac containers for spices: Common spices such as salt, pepper, and sugar can be stuffed into tic-tac jars. These containers are tiny and can fit anywhere. They do not require a lot of space and can be sealed to prevent any spillage. Using this tip, camping food will never be bland again.
- Use Doritos for lighting: Do not worry if the fire is not starting. Let loose of the expensive fire starter sticks and reach a bag of Doritos. The Doritos chips are dense, and oily chips which are very easy to catch fire and will last for a long time. They can also be helpful as emergency snacks when you are hungry.
- Make use of microfiber towels: Weight is always an issue when it comes to camping. Microfiber towels are light in weight and are more absorbent when compared to regular towels. They are also quick to dry, which means that you do not have to worry about them, increasing the weight after use. By using these towels in the place of paper, napkins reduce waste and are also better for the environment.
- Hire a motorhome: Hiring a motorhome is an ideal option for any camper as you will have all the facilities in the vehicle. You will have a built-in kitchen, bed, dining table, and a lot more. To get a motorhome, try searching for New Zealand Motorhome, and you will be provided with the list of agencies offering this service.
- Make mini soap bars with the help of vegetable peelers: Saving a bar of soap can be tough. Instead, you can take a vegetable peeler and make smaller soap bars for one-time use. Doing this will save you a lot of money and a mess.
- Dry your shoes with the help of crumpled newspapers: Shoes can get wet when you are camping as the terrains are not like the ones we see every day. Grab a paper from your bag and keep them inside your shoes while you sleep. Doing this will make the paper suck all the water from the shoes.
Use all these tips to stay safe and make your trip the most memorable one ever. Good luck in the wild!